S-class W202 Mercedes
1993-2000 of release
Repair and car operation
+ 1.2. General information
+ 2. Maintenance
+ 3. Engines
+ 4. Greasing system
+ 5. Cooling system
+ 6. Heating, ventilation
+ 7. Ignition system
+ 8. Fuel system
+ 9. Transmission
+ 10. Running gear
+ 11. Steering
+ 12. Brake system
- 13. Body
13.2. Forward door
13.3. Back door
13.4. Handle of a forward door
13.5. Handle of a back door
13.6. Door lock
13.7. Internal covering of doors
13.8. Forward window regulator
13.9. Glass of a forward window
13.10. Back window regulator
13.11. Glass of a forward door
13.12. Window regulator engine
13.13. Perchatochny boxing
13.14. Sheeting of the handle of gear shifting
13.15. Forward ashtray
13.16. Average console
13.17. Panel of service of heating
13.18. Internal covering of the A-rack
13.19. Internal covering of the S-rack
13.20. Forward seat
13.21. Back seat
+ 13.22. Central lock
13.23. External mirror / glass of a mirror
13.24. A covering under the dashboard
13.25. Front bumper
13.26. Rear bumper
13.27. Internal wing of the car
13.28. Car wing
13.29. Lattice Mercedes radiator / emblem
13.30. Draft of a cowl of the engine
13.31. A covering under a windscreen
13.32. The device of supply of air for salon heating
13.33. Catchment basin
13.34. Paint and varnish covering
13.35. Metal corrosion
13.37. What creaks?
+ 14. Electric equipment
+ 14.2. Electroschemes
About 70 % of cost of the car are defined by a body condition. And it, in turn, depends on, whether the car visited failure and, the main thing, from extent of its corrosion damages.
The reasons causing accelerated corrosion, are subdivided into two groups and are connected:
– with design or technological features of concrete models;
It is possible to carry to the first group:
– emergence of high tension and vibrations of metal of a body;
External influences treat:
– sulphurous connections, dioxide of carbon and the chlorides containing in environment;
Under our conditions the greatest influence is rendered by various salt solutions as lead to formation of current-carrying "bridges" between body details, as a rule, having different electric potential. It causes the most swift-flowing type of destruction of metal – electrochemical corrosion. An essence that all cars have the single-wire electroscheme, and, therefore, on a body currents from one consumer to another "walk".
Let's not go deep further into the theory, having left it to experts in the field of corrosion, and we will address to practical questions. These results are based on use during examination of three types of the devices, allowing to estimate:
– change of thickness of "live" metal, that is not undergone to impact of corrosion;
Results of examinations which are carried out by experts, allow to draw the following conclusions:
1. In the conditions of our region speed of penetration of corrosion in metal for cars with winter operation makes – 0,2 mm a year and 0,1 mm a year for the cars which were not seeing salts.
2. Corrosion in the zones which were exposed to body repair, and absolutely quickly if this repair was made with welding or soldering use as electrochemical pairs from diverse metals are created especially quickly develops. For buying the car, in particular a foreign car, it is essentially important. After all not for nothing economical Europeans practically always sell even slightly beaten car (the truth, having received an insurance) for nothing – $1-2 thousand. For how many them then resell in our markets, the reader, probably, knows also itself. But if to you has the luck to find the latent defect before purchase commission, know that real cost of such car for 25–50 % is lower, than at the unbeaten. It is impossible to forget that sooner or later you will sell the car, and without experts expensive purchases are done now only by very naive people.
3. Most quickly there is a corrosion process in the cars, being maintained in the winter and being stored in garages, especially warm, without preliminary dissolution of salts by flowing water. We emphasize, not washings off, namely dissolution. Those who believe very are mistaken that, washing away a strong stream the lower part of the car, they do a good work. Salts are easily dissolved and without a strong pressure, and here sheetings from a powerful stream quickly enough "come unstuck" from metal, sag, creating only protection illusion. In being formed between metal and the sagged mastic cavities corrosion develops much quicker, than on open metal.
Extremely it is not recommended to wash the car with hot water as because of different temperature expansion sheetings getting warm first of all "slip" from metal, forming a negative effect.
Those who believes are not right that the sheeting is thicker, the better. In total just the opposite. The main thing that in a covering there were no gaps, and therefore is necessary to update it regularly.
In summary – a practical advice. From two cars what is younger" is better not, and on what process of destruction of metal did not get on depth more than 0,4-0,5 mm. In this case any processing it is impossible to prevent formation of holes in one and a half-two years. And on the contrary, even the old car possessing since the beginning of operation reliable protection, will serve as early as more many years. Under our conditions in a foreign car it is possible to repair the engine and a running gear, but it is economically inexpedient to repair strongly rotted through body.